Deputy Head Of Quality ManagementChina, Anhui Province
- "Live and drive" the quality philosophy of DSS towards all our internal and external customers.
- Assess customer requirements and ensure that these are met
- Continuously improve and develop the local quality assurance, quality management and quality control /inspection sections and systems in the site.
- Standardize and implement lean quality assurance processes.
- Initiate and close follow-up of corrective actions to maintain and improve global and local quality performance.
- Frequently communicate with and report to the global quality department and other DSS automotive sites.
- Implement and verify requirements from global quality promptly at site and feedback the result.
- Participate at global quality meetings.
- Manage the quality team and personnel matters in order to guarantee continuity of quality systems according to global and local standards and at acceptable cost. To do this: organize the SCNN quality team, lead communication and follow-up of daily matters through regular site quality meetings with direct reports and SCNN quality team meetings.
- Lead appraisals and performance reviews, coach and motivate quality employees.
- Discuss issues and decide / solve problems as needed when escalated by the SCNN quality section managers.
- Define and implement the SCNN quality management in order to meet the required quality levelof finished products. Therefore: Maintain and improve the quality system; Define the organization and objectives, taking into account the global quality systems, internal and external standards and customer specific requirements; Define SCNN quality key performance indicators (KPl's) as part of the site action plan and objectives; Monitor the efficiency of the quality system; Change quality documents (e.g. procedures) as needed; Lead implementation and verify effectiveness; Raise awareness about quality across the site; Define decision levels within the SCNN quality organization; Take final responsibility for all quality related matters such as approval of quality agreements with customers, approval of validation/qualificiation (e.g.PPAP) documents, results of internal and external quality audits.
- Contribute to global quality meetings in order to define the global quality standards and systems. Therefore: join and contribute to global project meetings with DSS site Heads of Quality Management: present and discuss current and future local and global quality systems, based on own experience and knowledge.
- Specify and verify implementation of supplier and subcontractor quality requirements.
- Work with operating staff and other departments to establish procedures, standards and systems.
Very good knowledge of automotive standards (ISO/TS 16949 and VDA 6.1)
Very good knowledge of problem solving methods and continuous improvement
Understanding the philosophy of PDCA, Ishikawa, 5Why and risk management (FMEA)
Knowledge of and dealing with Chinese government regulations
Knowledge of quality management in automotive industry (APQP, PPAP, SPC, Controlplan, MSA and FMEA etc.)
Thorough knowledge of production, customer and supplier processes
Min. 7 years in automotive industry, at least Tier II
Min. 4 years in international, global company (overseas e.g. Europe)
Management of quality department
Verified results in problem solving methods and continuous improvement in several former companies
Experience with customer and supplier contacts and management
International travel propensity
Contribute to or lead direct communication, (with Sales / KAM) with customers on important quality projects or complaints.
- Communication skills:
Managing others; Align on objectives, discuss work status and progress; Feedback of performance.- Internal : Report work, progress and important issues to manager and global quality; Align vision and quality system with global quality; Present, align and discuss quality key performance indicators ( KPl's), results and issues with department heads; Lead team meetings; Exchange information and align with sales and global quality departments the approach to handle complex or important customer or external audit interactions; Discuss and present SCNN quality system and results with DSS site Heads of quality management (e.g.at global quality meetings).
Fluent in English and Mandarin (writing, understanding and speaking).
We offer you the opportunity to utilize your work experience and implement your innovative ideas in a specialized, future-oriented company. In case you are interested please send your application to Xin.Jin@datwyler.com